Another episode covering technology news that comes from Nashville and that affects Nashville.
Apple Buys Lala.com
- Good or bad for consumer?
- iTunes transitioning from download to streaming?
- How’s this affect Nashville?
- NYtimes.com – Apple Strikes Deal to Buy the Music Start-Up Lala
- “Ownershp” -vs “Access” Issues re: music, downloading, and streaming
Foursquare Launches in Nashville
- Gowalla vs. Foursquare? Are you using either?
- Is there room for more than one GPS location game in the space?
- Long term or short lived trend?
2010 Tech Predictions
- Nashville centric
- Convention Center going to happen
- Nashville Area new names? Nudie area?
- Consolidation of Music Industry? Major label collapse or office closing?
- Technology in general
- iPhone refresh – buyersguide.macrumors.com
- Apple iPad/iTablet?
IDC Predicts Recovery and Transformation in 2010 – Modest IT Spending Growth to be Accompanied by Fundamental Industry Transformation
- Something else will come along?
- Web Designer/Production
- Founder “The Nashville Feed” blog and podcast
- Twitter: mdave
- blog: NashvilleFeed.com
- Independent Journalist
- Contributor at The Tennessean’s TuneInMusicCity.com
- Instructor at Belmont University’s Media Studies Department
- Writer at LargeLandMammal.com
- Skype: LargeLandMammal
- Revered Elder Statesman
- Staunch McLuhanist
- Internet Entrepreneur
- Occasional Bomb Thrower
What we’re reading and listening to:
- Reading: HypeBot.com, TechDirt.com, Lefsetz
- Book:Society’s Child: My Autobiography by Janis Ian, The Medium is the Massage by Marshal McLuhan, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man by Marshall McLuhan
- Movie: Annie Hall (1977) (YouTube Clips)
- Got nuthin’ this time