It’s back! The Nashville Weekend “It” List! This is our weekly list of things to do in Nashville that doesn’t suck…at least we say so. So dig in….
This is opening weekend for the Hunger Games movie and I am going to have to see it. I wasn’t interested in it at first but it got a 87% from critics collated at Rotten Tomatos. Wired magazine had a great write up about how it’s female lead goes against the grain of heroins in cinema. She’s more of a Ripley in Alien than a Gene Grey of X-Men. That article alone convinced me that its something I’d like to see.
- PREDATORS FOUNDATION WINE FESTIVAL AND TASTING – March 23, 6 PM, Bridgestone Arena – Enjoy Wine tasting & heavy Hors d’oeuvres over the ice on the Bridgestone Arena floor. Enjoy tastings of over 200 higher end wines ,Anheuser-Busch products, a Cocktail bar culinary delicacies from Bound’ry Restaurant , meet Predators personalities with GNASH photo opportunities and an extensive silent auction. Tickets are $75.
- LOONEY TUNES AT THE BELCOURT – Sat, March 24 at 10am Appr. 100min, 35mm – This is always loads of fun…Here’s a mixed bag of classic Looney Tunes shorts screened on 35mm. Catch Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Pepe Le Pew and the whole gang. It doesn’t get much better…The Age Factor: All Ages $5
- NASHVILLE ROLLERGIRLS DOUBLEHEADER – March 24, doors open at 5 PM, Municipal Auditorium – Roller derby is back as the Nashville Rollergirls open their home season. Tickets are $10.
- 3RD ANNUAL NASHVILLE CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL – March 24, 10 AM-4PM, Public Square – This is a day of Japanese cultural demonstrations, performances and more. Another 100 cherry trees will be planted as Festival has a ten year goal of 1000 trees planted. Free admission.
- Find a patio and enjoy a cool beverage with friends. Red Door East and Beyond the Edge offer 2-for-1 drink specials all day on Sunday.
All Weekend Long:
NASHVILLE FLEA MARKET – March 23-25, Tennessee State Fairgrounds – If you have never experienced this, I recommend that you check it out. You have to rummage through a lot of things you would never use, but you find the occasional item that makes it all worth the effort. It is rated as one of the top ten flea markets in the country. The winter months are still happening though a lot less vendors.
AVENUE Q – Wanna See Some Puppet Porn? It’s a comedy, it’s a musical, and it’s opening tonight for its first local production through April 15 at Street Theatre Company, puppet musical for adults — we repeat, FOR ADULTS