So you didn’t make it to Bonnaroo either, huh? Not to fear because there is some surprisingly good stuff going on in town. And in air conditioned venues! Woohoo!
Obviously the CMA festival is going on. It’s not really my thing, but there is always good people watching this time of year.
Also happening this weekend at the Belcourt: Midnight Movie!!! Friday and Saturday you can see “Hobo with a Shotgun”!
Friday, June 10!
- Johnny Cash Bash featuring WS Holland Band, Buzz Cason, Jordan Carter, Jeremy Steding, Jesse Couch, White River & more at Exit/In. 8pm ($20 – 25)
- Sondre Lerche w/ Nightlands & Kishi Bashi at 12th & Porter. 9pm ($20)
- Yacht Rock Revue at Mercy Lounge. 9pm ($10 – 12)
Saturday, June 11!
- Musicians Corner CMA Event featuring Emmylou Harris, Love and Theft, Sara Jean Kelley, Andrew Combs & more at Centennial Park. 3pm (Free!)
- Jonell Mosser at 3rd & Lindsley. 7pm ($10)
- Chris Scruggs at Family Wash. 9pm (Free, but bring cash for the hat!)
- The Kudzu Society Presents an Evening of Poetry and Music at Bongo After Hours Theatre. 9 – 10:30pm ($8)
- Porter Hall, TN at the 5 Spot. 9pm ($5)
Sunday, June 12!
- Miss Martha’s Ice Cream Crankin’ at the Franklin Road First Presbyterian Church. 3-5pm ($13 for adults, $8 for children)
- Gary Clark Jr. w/ Jessica Breanne at 3rd & Lindsley. 8pm ($8 – 10)
- Skateboard Art Show at Kustom Thrills Tattoo Studio. 8pm (Free!)
Have a great weekend! Stay hydrated and cool!